“C’Est Beau Ici”, the guarantee of a warm welcome
Wherever you see the “C’est Beau Ici” sign in Pays de Saint Jean de Monts, pop in and say “bonjour” to the team in the local tourist office or at the hotel reception desk. You will find an English speaking person and helpful staff!
You’ll find friendly faces, waiting to share their passion for the area and to give you all the advice you need to make your holiday a real success. They will speak to you in English, give you information in English and even help you with problems that are not necessarily related to tourism like your health, your car and communication in French!
Pays de Saint Jean de Monts offers a special welcome to English-speaking tourists!
Here in Pays de Saint Jean de Monts we are delighted to extend a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors in English.Problème lors de la récupération de la liste des fiches dans la selectionSelection non trouvée
“Welcome, C’Est Beau Ici” sign
Here is what you will find when visiting the tourism professionals involved in the scheme:
- A warm welcome in English
- Helpful words and phrases in English and French
- Help in case of problems not necessarily related to tourism
- Documents available in English including the brochure “Welcome to the Vendée” in which you will find all the places that offer you a special welcome in English and/or information about the establishment
In our Tourist Offices
- List of services offered in English
- Free wifi
- Website translated in English
- A welcome gift will be offered to our British friends… surprise!
- An adviser able to help you if you need help or information
Specially in restaurants
- Local products and cuisine highlighting the local gastronomy
- Advice on meals and wines in English
At sites of interest and activities
- Guided tours or materials in English
- Safety instructions in English
In shops and services
- Advice on their particularities in English
- A flyer presenting their services in English
Welcome to the Vendée
Some establishments go even further and offer you some extra services, such as a menu translated in English.
The extra services
The tourism professionals go beyond the label’s criteria by offering you some extra services.
Communication in English
- Formal documents translated into English and sometimes German and Dutch (rental agreement, inventory, rules and regulations): Furnished houses Nadine Atlantique – Rental agency, Campsite La Forêt, Campsite La Maison Blanche, Loisirs 85 Acapulco, Campsite Le Grand Jardin, Campsite Le Tropicana, Campsite Les Places Dorées, Campsite L’Abri des Pins, Le Sherwood
- Welcome booklet in English: Campsite Le Bois Verdon, Campsite Plein Sud, Campsite Aux Coeurs Vendéens, Campsite L’Abri des Pins, Campsite Les Places Dorées, Campsite Le Tropicana, Campsite La Prairie, Camping La Yole, Campsite La Davière Plage, Hotel Le Robinson, Campsite Le Grand Jardin, Hotel La Côte Océane, Le Sherwood, Campsite Les Genêts, Campsite Acapulco
- Entertainment schedule in English: Campsite Plein Sud, Campsite Aux Coeurs Vendéens, Campsite L’Abri des Pins, Campsite Les Places Dorées, Campsite Le Tropicana
- Specific advice in English: Restaurant Chez Bastien, Taxi et Services du Littoral, Abysse Taxi
- Adaptors for French power points: Lots of tourism professionals can lend you adaptors for French power points if need be.
- British TV channels and/or British newspapers: Campsite La Davière Plage, Campsite Les Amiaux, Campsite La Yole
- Bilingual entertainment: Campsite La Yole, Campsite Les Genêts, Campsite Acapulco
- Menu translated in English: Hotel Restaurant Le Robinson, Restaurant La Langoust’in, Restaurant La Piazza, Campsite La Yole, Hôtel Restaurant L’Atlantique, Restaurant Chez Bastien, Campsite Les Genêts, Campsite Acapulco
- Kettle available with tea bags: Bed & Breakfast Les Ecureuils, Le Sherwood, Loisirs 85 Acapulco, Casita del Mar Apparts
- Scrabble English version and welcome drink: Bed & Breakfast Les Ecureuils
- Free wifi: Campsite La Davière Plage, Campsite Le Grand Corseau, Campsite Aux Coeurs Vendéens, Campsite Plein Sud, Campsite La Maison Blanche, Campsite La Loire Fleurie, Campsite Le Grand Jardin, Furnished house Océanide, Furnished houses Domaine des Poirasses, Bed & Breakfast Les Ecureuils, Water sports centre, Hotel Restaurant Le Robinson, Hôtel Restaurant L’Atlantique
- English welcome meetings: Campsite Les Amiaux, Campsite Les Genêts, Campsite Acapulco
- Specific equipment available to aid your visit to sites of interest: Audio guides in English (high-quality translation): Le Daviaud; At the end of the outdoor visit “3D explorer”, a notebook in English is sent by email as a souvenir: Biotopia
- Booklet given to each staff member with vocabulary related to welcoming visitors, the activity, practical information and safety instructions: Explora Parc (treetop adventure course)
- Guided tour in English and German: Canoes La Route du Sel: Bilingual guide; Golf: Bilingual teacher
- Safety instructions explained in English and German: Canoes La Route du Sel
- Local products as presents – Some of our welcome gifts will help you discover our local specialities… Surprise!: Campsites SIBLU Le Bois Masson and Le Bois Dormant, Campsite Le Grand Jardin, Furnished houses Nadine Atlantique – Rental agency, Furnished house Océanide, Campsite Le Rivage, Campsite Les Peupliers de la Rive
- Small library in English: Campsite Le Rivage, Campsite Les Peupliers de la Rive