Traditional specialities - eels, frogs' legs, fish, beef tenderloin ... Fresh and seasonal products.
Restaurant open all year round.
Cuisine Montoise specialities:
- Eels with chopped parsley and garlic
- Frogs’ legs in cream sauce and grilled eels are the two most popular savoury dishes in the marshes and, throughout the year, La Quich’notte offers you its own version of this CUISINE MONTOISE fare. Before fishing was limited by regulations, local people would catch their raw ingredients in the narrow channels crisscrossing the marshes.
- In this traditional cottage, you can sample uncooked marinated sardine fillets from Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie between April and September. Sardines were traditionally eaten uncooked on board fishing smacks. This fresh hors d’œuvre is one of our CUISINE MONTOISE dishes.
- The traditional ham and mogettes restyled.
- Les caillebottes, a traditional curdled milk dessert.
Frogs legs in parsley
These frogs legs, prepared by chef David Rousseau, can be served either with parsley or his own quich’notte cream sauce - both follow local maraichin recipes.
This traditional dessert is a best-seller of the restaurant. It’s a light milk-based dessert lightly flavoured with a home-made cream of kamok (local coffee liqueur).
Eels in parsley
Served in their skillet, these little eels are cooked in the traditional way - pan-fried in garlic and parsley.
Soup of péa d’tamarane
The chef cooks this long forgotten vegetable of the marshes, called a péa d’tamarane, a grey squash, into a smooth soup and is served as an appetizer.
The establishment in video
|Children's menu||9,50 €|
|Menu||From 27,90 € to 38,90 €|
Means of payment
On my plate
- Chef's specialties : Anguilles, cuisses de grenouilles, sardines, caillebottes, jambon mogette, kouign amann
- Vegetarian meals
- Local products displayed on the menus
- Market / local products
- Groups welcome / Seminary
- Family meal
- Bookable : toute l'année
- Access to the restaurant
- Access to the toilets
- Access to the terrace
- Adapted car park nearby
- Room available for private events
- Private car park
- Gift voucher