Biotopia, in Notre Dame de Monts, offers the opportunity to discover nature in a different way.
Biotopia can be accessed by car, by bike or on foot as this site is to be found at the edge of the forest, close to the town centre, where the footpaths and cycle paths come together. The site is part of the Accueil Velo scheme and is also the starting point for those wishing to go trail running or taking part in a Nordic walk. At Biotopia, the emphasis is certainly on activities in the open air, where the environment is central to everything.
The big glass windows of this building work like a camera which observes, zooms in on and then records the nature that is evolving just in front of you. In this way, as soon as you arrive, you dive into the natural worlds of the coast and forest.
Come to Biotopia, a unique venue in the Vendée, and it promises to sharpen your awareness of the environment. The exhibition was put together in collaboration with scientists, where the aim was to guarantee quality content, giving clear information on some of nature’s mysteries. This has resulted in exhibits which are modern, fun, interactive and sensory, with the information accessible to all including small children. The visit begins with a video and then as you go around Biotopia, you can touch, smell, listen and explore. You will see plankton close-up, look for hidden treasures in the dunes and dive into an interactive pond…
You can prolong your visit by going outside of the 170 m² indoor exhibition space. After all - you can’t beat experiencing nature for yourself.
- The arboretum invites you to find out about the wide variety of trees. There is a footpath circuit which is accessible to both pushchairs and wheelchair users, as well as those with hearing or sight difficulties.
- New exterior circuit - available in French and English “Nagomi and the hidden benefits of the forest”. You can go off into the forest for an interactive walk with family or friends and using our tablet, find out about the hidden benefits of the forest. It works as a collaborative game where you work together to bring the virtual character, Nagomi, to life. As part of a partnership with Biotopia Japan, you can travel to a Japanese forest thanks to a virtual portal.
The team of guides offer various guided walks and special sessions. At different times of the year you can take part in a variety of activities, such as nature cinema sessions, story-telling, children’s workshops, ray egg hunts, mushroom picking or walks to the heronry.
|Full price||Adult||7,00 €|
|Reduced price||Children 6-17||4,00 €|
|Reduced price||Children under 6||Free|
|Reduced price||Student, large family discount available (from 3 children)||5,00 €|
Means of payment
Facilities for young children (lending or renting)
- Changing table
- Child-friendly toilets
- Children's corner
- Pushchair access
Accessibilité et équipements adaptés aux personnes en situation de handicap
- Reception with disabled access
- Toilets with disabled access
- Activity with disabled access
- Boutique accessible
- Stationnement adapté à proximité
- Not accepted
- Additional details : admis uniquement sur le parcours extérieur
- Access to washing facilities
- Groups welcome